The phrase “Your call is very important to us, but all operators are busy” causes irritation and anger.
That’s what Virgin Atlantic customers hear:
“Hello, my name is Richard Branson, I’m the owner of the airline. Now all operators are busy. This is unacceptable. Let’s proceed as follows: if after 18 seconds no one answers, you will receive a 450 pounds discount . I’m starting the countdown – 18, 17, 16, 15 … ”
The client hears it to wants the oerators not to answer.
Richard Branson – a man who for some 10 years, has managed to turn a small music store into a giant multi-business spread all over the continents.
1. If you are an entrepreneur and didn’t make mistakes, you’re not an entrepreneur.
2. Don’t start something, if you don’t like it.
3. I have always regarded business as a pleasant diversion, and sometimes I dont’s boundaries between work and personal life.
4. My pride will never bother me to admit my mistakes.
5. I am always happy when I’m served badly. No, I’m not a masochist, but the best of my business ideas arose when I was badly served.
6. My willingness to listen to the opinions of others and to accept the ideas, which are better than mine, always had been helping me all the 40 years in doing business.
7. Conservative way of thinking has no place in the enterprise, because it cuts you wings, makes you weak, unable to accept facts and just kills.
8. I’m sure you shouldn’t let the miserable little word “no” stop you.
9. For me to create a business is to do what you can be proud of, combine talents and build something that can dramatically change the lives of others.
10. Do not be afraid to take risks. Sometimes bird in the hand is worth two in the bush
11. It’s much better to promise less and to give more than vice versa.
12. For me, there’s nothing worse than hearing how employees apologize for their employer.
13. In business, as in life, it is important to do good.
14. I still prefer to speak with people, not to text them.
15. My biggest achievement is that I always wanted to give people independence, the ability to feel the responsibility and was ready to push them to take a risk and achieve goals.
16. All my life I tried to beware of offices and mainly worked in three places: at home, on a yacht or in the hammock.
17. I never cease to be a businessman, even when I’m in a bathrobe, and, of course, a strict business suit does not make me more businessman.
18. Give employees your email address and phone number. They will not bother you for no reason, but your actions will give them a strong psychological incentive: they know that if the solution of a problem will require your participation, they can ask you at any time.
19. An entrepreneur should not consider a failure as a negative experience.
20. Luck does not come by itself: it is necessary to work on it.
21. I never say “I can not do that, because I do not know how to do it.” I always try. And do not let the silly rules stop you.
22. As soon as some business doesn’t bring me joy, I start to think about the changes. Life is too short to spend it on the thigs you don’t like.
23. My motto: have fun, and the money will come.
24. If you start a new business and ask me what lessons I could share with you, then I say, “Be honest at the conclusion of each of your contracts. Do not cheat, be sure to win. ”
25. The most important thing that I always want to do is to keep the promisses I gave.
26. Morality is not an empty word in business. It makes sense.
27. Business is designed to improve and enrich the lives of people, otherwise its not worth starting.
28. Become friends with your enemies – it is a good rule for both business and life.
29. You won’t always have profit from a success that you got onсe.
30. You should treat people the way you want them to treat you and even better.