The ancient Greeks used to say: “If you want to be strong – run, you want to be beautiful – run, you want to be smart – run.” And they were right.
It is clear that running is not the cure–all, but its positive effect on the body is undeniable. It is a perfect and free way to look good. It does not require special equipment or a place to study. And this is a good excuse to start running. And here are nine:
· Running increases the possibility of heart and blood vessels, the training of the heart muscle occurs. This means that the heart becomes stronger. And this will inevitably impact on its performance.
· The oxygen capacity of the blood is increasing. The trained heart is running the much larger volume of blood thanuntrained during one cycle. With the increasing of the blood flow the oxygen exchange is also increasing. All the tissues and organs are supplied with the bigger volume of blood which is enriched with oxygen and nutrients.
· Running is an excellent tool to combat nervous tension. Stress and fatigue are accumulating decay products in the body during the day – this is the cause of fatigue. In order to get rid of fatigue a person must be properly sweat, and running copes with this task very well.
· During prolonged load a special hormone endorphin is being throwned into the blood. This hormone is also called “the hormone of happiness.” And for good reason. When the concentration of endorphins in the blood increases, the person experiences a slight feeling of euphoria. Depression is disappearing.
· Mental activity is increasing. While jogging often “itself” the decision of a problem or task is coming. During vigorousworkout blood is being abundantly oxygenated, metabolism is being increased, thereby central nervous system is functioning more actively, and the brain also does.
· Systematic jogging causes the increasing of the immunity due to the increasing of the red blood cells and hemoglobin in the blood. During the cross-country load blood cholesterol is decreasing, the feeling of the hunger is becoming more light, the intestinal motility is increasing. Together with the improvement of metabolism all this leads to the normalization of body weight.
· You can run at any time of the day. So, in the morning, when there is an increased amount of hormones in the blood,running is a natural way to discharge that will help the body to return to harmony. If you run after a hard day – in the evening, then you will remove the stress, relax, recharge with the energy, suppress excessive appetite and fall asleep with beautiful dreams.
· The researches of scientists have shown that there is a partial regeneration of liver tissue. The positive effect on the kidneys is taking^ during running the load is being removed from them and it makes them to work better.
Regular running loads also have a positive effect on the musculoskeletal system. For the elderly people such training are particularly useful because they prevent the degenerative changes in the joints and muscle tissue.